Monday, August 30, 2004

First Things First

I've read my colleagues' first several efforts in this space with a mixture of awe and confusion. Awe, because they all seem to know a lot more about music than do I, and confusion because I have no idea why I was asked to join this particular forum. I love music, don't get me wrong, but my memory for artists, song titles, album names, even lyrics is simply abysmal. (Were this blog dedicated to sports - not the Huey Lewis album - I might be able to offer something worth the electrons it's printed upon.)

That said, I'm taking it upon myself to serve as the voice of the masses for this august group of musicphiles. I'll toss in a woefully under-researched album review here and there (look for a take on the Old 97's new effort, Drag It Up, in the next few days), wax reverential about my 5 favorite albums of all-time (at the moment, in no particular order: Workbook by Bob Mould, Life's Rich Pageant by R.E.M., Paul's Boutique by Beastie Boys, BloodSugarSexMagik by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Satellite Rides by the aforementioned Old 97's - and if that isn't a narrow enough list of faves for you, then you probably know less about music than I do. Hell, every member of each of those bands is a white guy. Crikey.), ask penetratingly obvious questions of my blogcolleagues, and try to learn from their seriously worrisome dedication to all things musical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home