Monday, January 31, 2005

Hold My Life

Took the plunge a few days ago and downloaded iTunes. Despite my brutally slow dial-up connection (give me a break, I'm still working on paying my mortgage - no fancypants DSL in my budget) I'm hooked. The real impetus for my foray into the world of online music was my recent jonesing for the music of my past. I've got hundreds of great records on tape ("records on tape"?), but very few of them on CD. I want to put together my own mix of the music that sustained me during my high school and college years. And for that, my friends, I need your help.

After downloading "No New Tale to Tell", by Love and Rockets, and "The Lovecats", by the Cure, I started combing through my CDs to add to the iTunes library. I've got some Smiths and some Midnight Oil, a little bit of Pogues and a dash of Connells. I can remember lots of stuff, but not all of it - so that's where you come in. What the hell did I listen to from 1985 or so to 1993? Or, what did you listen to during that alcohol- and angst-sodden period of your lives? The best memories go on my playlist, coming to a CD-R near you.

(Edit: Well, I was high on iTunes, until it crapped itself in the final stages of downloading Social Distortion's "Ball and Chain". That's a song that defines a 3-month era of my life - an era spent in pursuit of cheesy mall bargains, cheap alcohol, and the secret to Phillip Michael Thomas' ouevre.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home